Welcome to Vinge! The new station area will greet visitors, travellers and over 20.000 inhabitants with picturesque nature and the great energy of a busy market town. Vinge station area will be a merge of the natural landscape and a wide range of available infrastructure, urban life, shops, cafes and other service functions. Only 30 minutes from Copenhagen, the city Vinge, is the largest urban development project in Denmark.
The design strategy is based upon EFFEKT's original ideas and designs from the Vinge master plan; to combine nature, the “Green Heart” of the city, with the dense urban part of Vinge, linking infrastructure with recreation and daily life in a simple, iconic place at the city centre. Based on the area’s movement patterns and terrain, the design creates a landscape that makes it simple and intuitive for the users to find their way and move around in the station.
Municipality of Frederikssund
Rambøll, Snøhetta, Møller & Grønborg
Sinus Lynge , Tue Hesselberg Foged, Simon Sjøkvist, Gorka Calzada Medina, Toni Rubio Soler, Yulia Kozlova, Evgeny Markachev, Arminas Sadzevicius, Monika Rafajova, Clive Hennessey
City + Nature
Vinge station will be a merge of the natural landscape and a wide range of available infrastructure, urban life, shops, cafes and other service functions.
A simple and iconic Station
1. An intense experience of nature, 2. An Icon for Vinge
A simple and robust Masterplan
1. Active promenades, 2. Five districts built around the city center, 3. Buildings creating the framework for the urban center
Landscape Bridge and Station
1. Positioned in the center of the ‘Green Heart’, 2. Two bridges along the promenades, 3. Landscape bridge, 4. Station Plaza
Flow and functionality
With a simple overall concept, which is based on the area’s primary movement patterns and terrain, the design creates a landscape that makes it simple and intuitive for the users to find their way and move in the station.
Flow and functionality
Accesibility is about creating a variety of different simple forms of access that accommodate cyclists, pedestrians, passengers in a car as well as the disabled, people with prams etc.
Bridge construction principles
1. Vaulted section to minimize inaccesible areas, 2. Arch construction to avoid columns, 3. Soil section used for landscaping, 4. Centre part build in an elevated position so train services are not interrumped, 5. Elevators running trough, connecting the two levels, 6. Kiosk, café, ticket machines, etc. built into the structure.
Vinge Center Concept
1. A unique place, 2. City dristricts, 3. Dense and active center, 4. Urban diversity, 5. Car access, 6. Microclimate
1. Diverse biotopes, 2. Topography, 3. Waterways
1. Biotopes, 2. Path network, 3. Programming along the promenades, 4. Programming in the ‘Green Heart’
1. Maximum sinergy, 2. Urban space creates VALUE, 3. Building height differentiation to fit the surroundings, 4. The corner, 5. Mix of functions and typologies, 6. Active ground floor.